1/29/18 – The robotics team took time off the weekend instead of working on the robot for a much needed break from the constant after school activity. A new team member has joined the FRC team, their current role is, as of now, undecided. The team has added a few metal parts for the battery box, also testing the ease-of-access of the box, sliding the actual battery in an out, plugging it in and out, etc. The two TALON motor controllers have newly been attached and will be wired as soon as possible. Most other components on the circuit board have been wired as well. New processes for today are as follows:
- Drilling in more holes into the wooden circuit board for more pieces to be added.
- Radio connections for the robot are being established.
- Safety light installed.
- Setup for tools and machines pertaining to the editing of metal parts for the robot started.
- “Ryobi” 10” Table Saw with Steel Stand.
- Placeholder battery box removed in favor of creating a finished product.
- Construction of saw started.